Monday, October 5, 2015

Simply Hi ~ Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party


Today is the Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party hosted by Tara of Craftin Desert Divas! Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly linky party and you could win fabulous prizes!!

 Welcome to our mid post for this week's "Things with Wings" challenge.

Here is what I created.


I really tried to go with a clean and simple card but this is the best I could do. :P 

I started with a white card base and layered it with black and yellow cardstock. The yellow piece and th white embossed piece were cut with CDD Fancy Frames Dies. I embossed my white layer with a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Honeycomb. The edges were inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.


My cute little image is from CDD Lil' Bit Buggie stamp set. I colored her with Copic markers and added some white gel pen accents. Although, you cannot see it well in the picture the wings were coated with some clear Wink of Stella. I popped my lil' bee up on some foam tape above my Hi sentiment. This Hi is part of the new Pocket Pieces Hi Dies from CDD. The Hi was die cut multiple time in black and yellow cardstock. I glued the layers together to create a more of chipboard look and offset the black and yellow layers a bit.


I hope you can join us by linking up your project!

Visit Craftin Desert Divas for all the rules and to play along. 
This week we have some fabulous sponsors.



To link up your "Things with Wings" project go on over to Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party page to get all the details!

For more inspiration and to share your Craftin Desert Divas projects join the Craftin Desert Divas Gallery on Facebook.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This couldn't bee any cuter!!

Tina H said...

This is just the cutest ever!! Love it so much :)

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!!!

Donna K said...

So so cute! Love the honeycomb embossing and that sweet teal bow!